A strategic presence in the “heart of the Mediterranean”!
The base in Sicily is the headquarters of GiM in Italy. It is situated in a rural area among trees and vineyards on the East coast of the island, with a magnificent view of the active Volcano Etna (at 3200m above sea level, it is the largest volcano in Europe) on one side and the Ionian Sea (some 8km away) on the other. It is at an altitude of around 500m above sea level, just a few kilometers from Taormina and 45mins by car from Messina and Catania airport. The beach is only 20mins away by car and access to the toll-motorway at Fiumefreddo is just 5km away.
Regular activities and programs:
- Training, discipleship and sending out missionaries
- Welcoming believers in need of physical and spiritual restoration
- Welcoming missionaries in need of encouragement and rest to allow them to return to their mission-field with renewed spiritual, emotional and physical energy.
- Marriage and family counseling
- Mission teams, prayer groups and people with varying needs can be accommodated on the base. With the food provided by the Food Bank many needy families are taken care of.
Nazioni mirate: Albania, Togo e Libia
- Medium and long-term volunteers for various areas (kitchen, gardening, evangelism, administration…).
- Regular financial help for the Work to continue.
- The base leaders
Base leaders: Enos and Margherita
Via Sciarelli 1 95017 Piedimonte Etneo (CT) tel. 095 648136
Enos & Margherita Nolli